Welcome to our Umbrella Company Forum
Umbrella companies are in growing demand. With over 500 umbrella companies in the UK, how do you know which umbrella company will provide you with the best value and most satisfactory experience?
The purpose of this forum is to allow contractors, freelancers and stakeholders in the temporary workforce payroll sector to interact, share experiences, ask questions and make recommendations. This forum is free; you can comment as often or as little as you like! So please – be respectful and share your experiences with others who value your opinion.
Please click on the bottom below to register to the umbrellacompanies.org.uk forum. Before you register, please scroll down and read the disclaimer.
- Last Post
IR35 Questions and Concerns
IR35 is always a hot topic amongst the UK’s temporary workforce. In the mini-budget (September 2022), the government announced the off-payroll reforms will be repealed. However, they have shamefully gone back on their word. Do you have any questions about IR35? Do you have IR35 advice to share? Do you know any IR35 experts you recommend our readers use for IR35 assessments?
- No Topics
Umbrella Companies to Avoid
Please share your negative umbrella company experiences in this section to help other temporary workers make better decisions regarding their payroll provider.
- 4 weeks ago
Umbrella Company and Recruitment Agencies
Have you ever felt pressured into using an umbrella you don’t want to? Is your recruitment agency responsible with how they manage their Preferred Supplier List (PSL)? Share your experiences with agencies and umbrella companies – to help other workers seeking temporary assignments.
- No Topics
Umbrella Company Payslips
Have any questions about payslips? Ask away and share your experiences with other umbrella employees.
- No Topics
Umbrella Company Recommendations
Have you used an umbrella company that’s provided an excellent service? Please share your experiences with contractors and freelancers and spread the word!
- 5 months ago
Umbrella Compliance Questions
Do you have any questions about umbrella companies that fellow contractors and freelancers can help with? Please use this section of the umbrellacompanies.org.uk forums to raise any questions or concerns about your umbrella company (if you use one) or umbrella companies in general. The team at UCHQ will write articles on commonly asked questions and points of discussion.
- No Topics
- IR35 Questions and Concerns
If a Forum is moderated, every contribution submitted to the Forum (Contribution) will be checked by us for compliance with the content standards below (Content Standards) as soon as reasonably practicable after it is published. We will try to publish as many Contributions as possible but cannot guarantee that all Contributions will be published. We also cannot guarantee how quickly Contributions will be posted on the Forum as this will depend on other editorial commitments.
We are under no obligation to you or any other person to oversee, monitor or moderate the Forum or any other service we provide on our site or any other site and we may stop moderating the Forum at any time. We reserve the right to remove, or to disable access to, any Contribution which we deem to be potentially defamatory of any person or which we deems unlawful or in violation of any third party rights. We expressly exclude liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of the Forum by any person in contravention of these Rules.
SUBMISSION OF CONTRIBUTIONS
Follow the instructions pertaining to the relevant Forum to add a Contribution, including:
- Asking a question in a discussion forum.
- Commenting on an article or blog post.
- Replying to a question or comment.
If, in the case of a Forum hosted on any of our sites, you wish your Contribution to be anonymous, please update your profile to reflect this. Your name will appear as part of your Contribution when published, unless you specify that your Contribution is anonymous.
Before making a Contribution to a Forum hosted on any of our sites you must have an Account with us.
These Content Standards apply to each part of a Contribution as well as to its whole. The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. We will determine, in our discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
- Be relevant.
A Contribution must not:
- Be defamatory of any person.
- Be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Disclose the name, address, telephone, mobile or fax number, e-mail address or any other personal data in respect of any individual.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of
- Be in contempt of
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act.
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
By submitting a Contribution to the Forum, you agree to grant us a non-exclusive licence to use that Contribution. Although you will still own the copyright in your Contribution, we will have the right to freely use, edit, alter, reproduce, publish and/or distribute the material contained in your Contribution. This licence will be free of charge, perpetual and capable of sub-licence. We may exercise all copyright and publicity rights in the material contained in your Contribution in all jurisdictions, to their full extent and for the full period for which any such rights exist in that material.
Please also note that, in accordance with the Content Standards above, you must ensure that your Contribution does not infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person. By submitting your Contribution to the Forum, you are warranting that you have the right to grant us the non-exclusive copyright licence described above.
If you are not in a position to grant such a licence to us, please do not submit the Contribution to the Forum.
BREACH OF THESE RULES
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Forum.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution already posted on the Forum.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We exclude liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of these Rules. The actions described above are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
If you wish to complain about any Contribution posted to the Forum, please e-mail us using the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org. We will then review the Contribution and decide whether it complies with the Content Standards above. We will deal with any Contribution which, in our opinion, violates the Content Standards as described above (see section “Breach of these Rules”). We will inform you of the outcome of our review within a reasonable time of receiving your complaint.
CHANGES TO THESE RULES
We may revise these Rules at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we may make, as they are legally binding on you.